Life just seems so unfair

**Warning** I am in one of those moods. The bitter, angry, I am just going to say it and not care what anyone thinks moods.

Firstly- I work full time waiting on tables. I work on average, 9-10 hours a day. Monday's are usually shorter days. But I work 5 days a week. I pay for my health insurance for myself, my kid, Mister Man, out of my paycheck. This adds up to $748 a month in health insurance. Being that I work mainly for tips, my paycheck doesn't amount to much of anything after the health insurance is taken out. Mister Man, has yet to see a doctor. I see a doctor once a month, due to the Bean, and my thyroid condition. Bear sees the doctor, what every couple months? I feel that the health insurance is worth it for my Bear. I like his doctor, I like how they take care of him, and they make me feel like he is healthy and I am doing something right. I like my female doctor, I like my Primary doctor. I like the fact that they make me healthy, or make me feel like I am healthy.

Here's the catch. NEVER EVER go to the emergency room, if you have a deductible plan. NEVER EVER go to the emergency room, if you have a plan that last year used to be good, but this year, your boss tried to save some money on his premiums, got your work place a plan that royally screws over the paying people.

Back in September, I went to the emergency room. I had been puking my guts up, and having other problems, for like 7 hours. I was not able to keep anything down. As soon as I drank something, up it would come within seconds. I was scared. I was newly pregnant, and the thought of depriving my developing child of much needed nutrients, made me even more sick. So off I went. In my haze, the attendant, told me that my co-pay would be $180. No big deal right? I wrote out the check, illegibly, I am sure.

Fast forward a month later. I get a bill in the mail. For $330. OK. Some charges that I was unaware of, something I obviously didn't read in my EoC.(estimate of charges, or something). No big deal. Big deal was, the date is was due, was 3 days after I got the bill. OK, waa?! Whatever, we'll eat beans this week. No big deal, right?

Wrong.

Today, in the mail, I received another bill. This one for $820. W T F??

Apparently, the emergency room doctors get paid, and then the ER itself gets paid.

FOR WHAT?! 3 bags of IV fluid, and a shot that helped me not throw up for 12 hours. Please.

So I called the Insurance Company. The lady that helped me, was very nice, and kind. Explained everything to me in a voice that helped me not react the way I thought I was going to react. Helped me understand that my boss is a major jerkface who only cares about himself. Like I needed that revelation.

Anyhow, yeah. I have some other things that I will be posting here soon, to keep up the reader, or readers, or whatever. I have some pictures to share, some other nice thoughts to share and some Tags to do. I haven't been able to keep up lately with anything, but I will solve the thirst of my mind in just a sec.

0 thought(s):