Dear Bear...One Year.

Today you are a whole year old.

Last night as I checked on you before I went to bed, your little butt all up in the air as you slept, I got a little weepy. Sad eh? I just can't believe that a whole year of our lives has passed so quickly. I know I say this, or have said this, the EVERY 5th of the month, but it seems like yesterday that you just came to us. Like we just found out we were even having you.

Whew- OK I am done crying.

This past month - You got 3 new teeth! The top ones should be so cute when they finally all come in. You, again, handled it with ease, a little grumpiness for a few days, and boom there they were. This makes 5 total teeth now at one year.

You also got your first haircut. Courtesy of me. I just intended to cut your bangs and I couldn't stop. You had a lot of hair that really needed trimmed. You handled it well, at first. But, soon it became a contest of wills, and you won. I finished it over the course of a couple of days. But, I can honestly say, that I didn't do all that terrible of a job. And if you can believe it, you look even more handsome than you already are.

You love to read books. Any and all. I catch you sometimes when you are playing by yourself, just sitting and reading, looking at a book. Your favorite book right now, is Boomer's Magic Tail. It's an Easter book, but it makes you so happy to read it. You also love Brown Bear, Brown Bear, and The Hungry Caterpillar.

You still love Go, Diego, Go. And Yo Gabba Gabba. It is not a show, that I would pick for you to watch, but I guess that's the thing about kids, you pick what you like.

We just transitioned to regular milk. It wasn't all that hard. You love your bottle. We will work on getting rid of the bottle, but it's not at the top of my list at the moment.

We celebrated your birthday at the San Francisco Zoo. We saw all sorts of animals, and you really enjoyed yourself I think. It was kind of hard to point out everything to you, but you were good, and seemed to love it. When we got to the bears, there was one bear right up next to the glass, and you looked at him, pointed and said OOOHH! You were so entranced by that bear. When I told you it was a bear, you look confused, almost, like, 'Wait, I'm a Bear!" It was cute. We had lunch, came home and had a cake with your Grandma, and Uncle Keith. You really enjoyed the cake.

Bear, Tommy, Son, I am so proud of you. So proud of everything you have learned, so proud of everything you have done, said, and become. I am so proud of everything you will be. I am so proud that you are my son. I love you more than words can every express, and I don't know that I will ever be able to tell you, show you how much you mean to me.

Happy Birthday Tommy Bear!!!

Love,
Mommy

ps- pictures later, Mommy is tired lately.

0 thought(s):