Funny things we worry about

It's funny the things we worry about. Or rather, wonder if we should be worrying about it.

When I was pregnant with Bear, I didn't even think about things like eating lunch meat, blue cheese dressing, feta cheese. I didn't worry about my laundry soap, my facial cleanser. I didn't worry about going in to my hair salon and getting my eyebrows waxed, or getting a facial. I didn't worry about a lot of things.

Don't get me wrong. I cared. I care. I worried about other things.

But it just makes me think. Should I be worrying about these things? Or is it just adding more worry and guilt already on a plate that is over flowing with too much crap as it is? Is my Neutrogena facial cleanser, and my pimple cream with salicylic acid going to hurt my baby? Is the 15 turkey sandwiches that my body seems to ONLY be able to eat, really going to give me listeria? Is my blue cheese pasteurized? Are the fumes at my hair salon going to cause damage to my unborn fetus?

I wonder if I should live in a plastic bubble. *what a great movie*

It just gets to be too much at times. I think I am going to eat another turkey sandwich, with feta. MMMmmm.

1 thought(s):

Danielle said...

Turkey sandwiches were the only thing besides fruit and cranberry juice that I could handle the first three months. I also dyed my hair before I even knew I was pregnant - used a brown dye and it turned out red. Go figure...

Maddy's fine. I hate all that "Don't do this," and "Don't do that." What did the pilgrims do?! I bet they ate their lunch meat and LOVED IT! :)